How to become a realtor in San Francisco
To become a realtor in San Francisco, follow these steps:
1. Meet the eligibility requirements: You must be at least 18 years old, a legal resident of the United States, and have no felony convictions.
2. Complete the required education: You must complete 135 hours of pre-licensing education from an approved provider. This includes 45 hours of Real Estate Principles, 45 hours of Real Estate Practice, and 45 hours of one additional course.
3. Pass the licensing exam: After completing the required education, you must pass the California Real Estate Salesperson Exam. The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions and you must score at least 70% to pass.
4. Find a broker: You must work under a licensed broker to practice real estate in California. Research and find a broker that aligns with your goals and values.
5. Apply for your license: Once you have passed the exam and found a broker, you can apply for your real estate license through the California Department of Real Estate.
6. Complete continuing education: To maintain your license, you must complete 45 hours of continuing education every four years.
7. Join a professional organization: Consider joining a professional organization such as the San Francisco Association of Realtors to network and stay up-to-date on industry news and trends.