How to become a preschool teacher in West Virginia, WV
To become a preschool teacher in West Virginia, WV, follow these steps:
1. Obtain a high school diploma or GED.
2. Earn an associate's or bachelor's degree in early childhood education or a related field from an accredited college or university.
3. Complete a state-approved teacher preparation program that includes student teaching experience.
4. Pass the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators test or an equivalent exam.
5. Apply for a West Virginia teaching certificate through the West Virginia Department of Education.
6. Complete a background check and fingerprinting.
7. Apply for preschool teaching positions in West Virginia.
Note: Some preschools may require additional certifications or training, such as CPR and first aid certification. It is also recommended to gain experience working with young children through internships, volunteer work, or part-time jobs.