How to become a licensed therapist in Kansas, KS
To become a licensed therapist in Kansas, KS, follow these steps:
1. Obtain a Bachelor's degree: You must have a Bachelor's degree in psychology or a related field to pursue a career in therapy.
2. Earn a Master's degree: You must have a Master's degree in counseling, psychology, or a related field from an accredited institution.
3. Complete supervised clinical experience: You must complete a minimum of 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience, including 1,500 hours of direct client contact.
4. Pass the National Counselor Examination (NCE): You must pass the NCE, which is administered by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
5. Apply for licensure: You must apply for licensure with the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB) and provide proof of education, clinical experience, and passing the NCE.
6. Complete continuing education: You must complete continuing education requirements to maintain your license.
Note: The requirements for licensure may vary depending on the specific type of therapy you wish to practice. It is important to research the specific requirements for your desired field of practice.