How to become a licensed real estate agent in Los Angeles
To become a licensed real estate agent in Los Angeles, you must complete the following steps:
1. Meet the eligibility requirements: You must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and be a legal resident of the United States.
2. Complete the required pre-licensing education: You must complete 135 hours of approved real estate courses, including 45 hours of Real Estate Principles, 45 hours of Real Estate Practice, and 45 hours of one additional approved course.
3. Pass the California Real Estate Salesperson Exam: You must pass the California Real Estate Salesperson Exam with a score of at least 70%.
4. Submit your application: You must submit your application for a real estate salesperson license to the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) within one year of passing the exam.
5. Complete a background check: You must complete a background check and provide fingerprints to the DRE.
6. Find a sponsoring broker: You must find a sponsoring broker to work under and complete the necessary paperwork with the DRE.
7. Obtain your license: Once your application is approved and you have completed all the necessary steps, you will receive your real estate salesperson license from the DRE.