How to become a police officer in Fort Worth
To become a police officer in Fort Worth, follow these steps:
1. Meet the minimum requirements: You must be at least 21 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and be a U.S. citizen.
2. Pass the written exam: You will need to pass a written exam that tests your knowledge of basic math, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
3. Pass the physical fitness test: You will need to pass a physical fitness test that includes running, push-ups, and sit-ups.
4. Pass the background check: You will need to pass a thorough background check that includes a criminal history check, credit check, and drug test.
5. Complete the police academy: Once you are hired, you will need to complete the police academy, which includes classroom instruction and physical training.
6. Complete field training: After completing the police academy, you will need to complete field training, which involves working with a senior officer to gain practical experience.
7. Apply for a job: Once you have completed all of the requirements, you can apply for a job as a police officer in Fort Worth.